Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas in Breckenridge!

Ella woke up with a fever the day before we were supposed to leave for Breckenridge. It was her first time to be sick and I might have overreacted a bit. She has a stuffy nose and was in a grumpy mood, but her fever never got about 101. I took her to the doctor just to make sure she would be ok to fly. I didn't want her eardrums to explode on the plane!

Dr. Terry gave the the OK to fly and said she just had a little virus.  Broke my heart.

Traveling with Ella is always an adventure. We learned a lot on her first plane ride and timed things much better the trip. Bottle during takeoff = passed out baby for most of the flight. She even got some compliments from our fellow passengers!  Go Ella! We also won't be taking her stroller to the gate anymore because wearing her in the Bjorn was so much easier and she loved checking out all the Christmas travel craziness at the airport. We always arrive super early to allow time to hand check the stroller and Ella's milk at security. They completely ignored her milk so good thing I wasn't carrying on explosives...

I love renting cars through National - you get off the bus and get to pick any car you want in the lot!  I had lots of fun walking up and down the aisles. Bobby wanted a Dodge Charger and I wanted a cute little Volvo thing but neither one would fit all of our luggage. I am amazed by the amount of crap a 16lb baby needs. We settled for the family Ford Taurus and it was actually really nice. Unfortunately, the drive to mountains was a bit disappointing due to the lack of snow.  

We arrived and Ella got some snuggle time with Grandma and Grandpa. We ate a ton of food, shopped around town and waited for Santa to come.

This is Fred.

Fred drove Jake and Biz nuts. Fred likes PowerBars. 

Christmas morning arrived and Santa Grandpa and Santa Grandma came!!  

Ella started opening her presents.  She got a new baby doll, sparkle Toms and an activity table!  
Can you say spoiled?! 

Such a happy girl!

We bundled up the bug and took her on her first walk in the mountains. 

We spent the rest of the day hanging out and eating an enormous amount of food.  

We woke up the next day and hit the slopes. I haven't skied in two years because of that whole pregnancy thing and I was treated with my kind of ski day - sunny and warm! I busted my butt on the last run of the day and jacked my knee a little.  

Ella was the cutest baby ever in her fur hat!! Jake likes it too!

This is the face she makes when she is yelling for attention.  Kills me every time. 


Our trip home was pretty uneventful. Ella was a little fussy on the plane but fell asleep after take off. I forgot to pack her vegetable for dinner so I think she was a little hungry - ooops!  

Ella had a wonderful first Christmas - Santa Grandpa and Grandma must have thought we were all very good last year! I think I gained 5 lbs, but it was totally worth it. We hope you all had the best Christmas and Happy New Year!  We can't what to see what 2012 has in store for Miss E!  

No comments:

Post a Comment